I love the shrimp toast I get at my local oriental restaurant, and wanted to make it at home. I asked the server if she knew how to make it and she sent the chef out to tell me. I tried it today, and it tasted just like at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy this one too!!
- Mince shrimp.
- Add water chestnuts, salt, sugar, 1 Tbls.
- cornstarch and 1 egg.
- Beat egg white and blend in 1 Tbls.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 4 triangles.
- Brush one side of bread with egg white mixture and then shrimp past.
- Fry shrimp side down in 375degree F.
- oil until golden.
- Carefully turn and brown bread side.
- Serve hot.