This shrimp toast uses shrimp, pork and ham. This recipes comes from a 1992 United Way Cookbook. Prep time does not include frying time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup minced shrimp
- 1/4 cup ground pork
- 4 water chestnuts, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine or 1/2 teaspoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1In food processor or bowl, combine all shrimp mixture ingredients; blend into a thick spread.
- 2Remove crusts from bread; cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds or squares. Spread shrimp mixture about 1/4 inch thick on bread; press down firmly.
- 3Sprinkle ham and parsley over shrimp mixture; press down lightly.
- 4In deep skillet or wok, heat 2 inches of oil to 350.
- 5Carefully put bread pieces, shrimp side down, in oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until shrimp mixture becomes puffy. Turn; fry 1-2 minutes longer or until golden. remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6Sprinkle with sesame seeds About 24 appetizers.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Toast
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: