Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This shrimp toast uses shrimp, pork and ham. This recipes comes from a 1992 United Way Cookbook. Prep time does not include frying time.
- 1⁄2 cup minced shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup ground pork
- 4 water chestnuts, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine or 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons minced ham
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In food processor or bowl, combine all shrimp mixture ingredients; blend into a thick spread.
- Remove crusts from bread; cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds or squares. Spread shrimp mixture about 1/4 inch thick on bread; press down firmly.
- Sprinkle ham and parsley over shrimp mixture; press down lightly.
- In deep skillet or wok, heat 2 inches of oil to 350.
- Carefully put bread pieces, shrimp side down, in oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until shrimp mixture becomes puffy. Turn; fry 1-2 minutes longer or until golden. remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds About 24 appetizers.