Recipe by Chef Patience
These are so easy and so good! I don't need to get them at Leanne Chins anymore. The original came from the Ultimate Chinese cookbook. Edited to add warning about frying time.
Top Review by TATONKA
no stars , cause i cooked for leeann chin , and i can tell you now this isn't it . her's was always made with fresh raw shrimp " not cooked " + she used white pepper in it . i had it before but someone stole it from me . ben looking ever since . i'll know it when i see it though . guess i'll keep looking
- 4 slice white bread
- 226.79 g cooked peeled shrimp
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from the bread.
- Using a food processor, blend shrimp, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and egg until a smooth paste has formed.
- Spread paste evenly on top of bread.
- Sprinkle bread with sesame seeds and press them into spread.
- Cut bread from corner to corner twice, to form small triangles.
- Heat oil in wok and fry toasts, sesame side up, for 4 to 5 min, until golden. WARNING: WATCH THEM CAREFULLY. THEY MAY TAKE CONSIDERABLY LESS THAN 4 MIN TO BECOME GOLDEN.
- Drain toasts thoroughly.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.