Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy and very tasty shrimp dish for all you seafood lovers....the condensed soup makes it a snap to prepare, and I always purchase the ready-made cooked shrimp, which saves even more time.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell peppers
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp, peeled,tails removed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Saute onion and pepper in a large frypan over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in soup and cream; heat slowly, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a light boil.
- Stir in cheese, lemon juice, spices and shrimp.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
I am giving this a high rating as it was very quick and easy to prepare. Smelled and looked great. However, we did not care for the flavor of the dish. It may have been the tarragon that we did not like. It seemed to have a bit of a sweet taste.