Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
You can add bell pepper or onion to these kabobs. I served them at a party so I used the 21-25 count shrimp and they were devoured. Can be an appetizer or a main dish, depending on your presentation.
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (I used 21-25 per pound)
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki marinade (homemade or bottled)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (I used the chunks in pineapple juice, not heavy syrup)
- In a large zip-lock bag combine teriyaki sauce, onion, garlic, sugar, zest and a splash of pineapple juice from the chunks.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- I let them set in the fridge all day till I was ready to skewer them to grill.
- Be sure and soak your skewers if you are using wood!
- Place a pineapple chuck in the curve of each shrimp and place on a skewer, going through the "head" of the shrimp, the pineapple and then the "tail".
- I was able to get about 4 on each skewer.
- Grill about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink.
- You can baste with the marinade if you want but I did not.
- You can also broil this if you don't have a grill.
- I removed from the skewers for my guests but would probably serve on skewers if I had fancy ones.
Love this recipe, Riffraff!!! DH and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I followed the recipe exactly. I did add mushrooms and onions to the kabobs and basted them as they grilled. The flavors were well balanced and didn't overpower the shrimp. I am so glad I found this recipe and plan on making it often.