Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This was given to me by a cousin of mine who has passed away. It is in her memory that I'm publishing this receipe. "This is in honour of you Ana" Always in my warmest thoughts!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 lbs medium size raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Blend soy sauce, sugar, oil, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and water in a small.
- pan. Simmer, stirring constantly til thickened, about 1 minute cool.
- coat shrimp with sauce; drain off excess.
- Place on rack of broiler pan, broil for 3-4 min on each side or till cooked.
- Serve on a platter while hot.
I didnt add the water or oil and sauteed it in a pan until the liquid reduced. FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing!
love this shrimp and the ginger is great!! l prefer to grade the ginger as oposed to minced because it brings out the juices and therefore the flavor is more intence. Good post Mia just love this