Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy pasta at its best. By the time your pasta is cooked, the sauce will be done! Can't get any better! If you can't find Tasso ham, you can use prosciutto, pancetta, bacon or Virginia ham--though none of those has the deep salty flavor of Tasso. As for the artichokes, use fresh or frozen or the ones in brine in tins -- not the kind that are marinated in oil.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces tasso, diced
- 3 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 ounce red pepper, diced
- 1 ounce mushroom, sliced
- 2 ounces onions, diced
- 1 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 ounce flour
- 4 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and warm
- 4 ounces white wine
- Old Bay Seasoning (or your favorite seafood seasoning)
- In a hot pan, sauté the shrimp, Tasso ham, red pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and scallions for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, chicken stock, thyme, cayenne pepper and seasoning; reduce to a simmer.
- Whisk in the whole butter and serve over warm pasta immediately.