Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and delicious. Recipe from Willims Sonoma Essentials of Mediterranean Cooking. I serve these along with Pequillo peppers, stuffed with herbed goat cheese.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, white part only, split in half, washed well and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Sprinkle the salt on the shrimp and set aside.
- Warm a large, heavy non-stick frying pan over high heat. Ad the shrimp and cook about 1 min on each side, just until they turn pink.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, leek and red pepper flakes and stir until the shrimp are fully curled, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and immediately transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with parsley & serve at once.