Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
From the editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine. Shrimp tapas are frequently served on slices of crusty bread to catch the flavorful juices.
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces cremini mushrooms or 2 ounces button mushrooms, sliced into quarters
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leaving tails attached (about 16 shrimp)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in lg. skillet, over med. heat until brown and crispy. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add oil to bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add mushrooms. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Stir in Sherry, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove shrimp to serving bowl with slotted spoon.
- Cook sauce 1 min., or until reduced and thickened.
- Pour over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.