Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another recipe from the Southern Living All-Time Favorites Magazine. The Spicy Cream Sauce uses fat-free sour cream along with spices to jazz up these shrimp tacos. This is on my go-to list of recipes to try.
Top Review by ellie_
Very easy and good -- and this recipe uses things I usually have on hand which makes it a great weekday dinner with a salad. The leftover shrimp is also great tossed in a salad for lunch. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground (divided)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb shrimp, medium (unpeeled)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (6-inch size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sour cream, 1 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoons salt and cinnamon. Add 3/4 cup water, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Peel shrimp, and devein. If desired, chop. Combine remaining 1 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoons cumin, 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow dish or a zip-lock plastic freezer bag; add orange juice and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Saute garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink. Serve with sour cream mixture and avocado in warm tortillas. Prep time includes refrigeration time.