Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Dry rubbed shrimp with a creamy avocado sauce pulled from my local Fox station(submitted by Gail Greco).
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup peeled & diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, bottoms only, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 lb small shrimp, cleaned & peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- extra dill, and
- cilantro (to garnish)
- tomatoes, and (optional)
- lettuce, if desired (optional)
- To make the sauce, pit and peel the avocado. Place in a food processor or blender with the cucumber, sour cream, green onions, dill, Tabasco sauce, lime juice and water. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and red pepper to taste.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl and toss with shrimp to coat.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat & saute the shrimp and garlic until the shrimp turns pink and is slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cilantro. Fold the tacos and serve with lettuce and tomato.
I made my own Shrimp taco recipe and used your sauce. The sauce was so good and made a nice addition to my shrimp tacos. I added cilantro instead of dill. Very good!
For some reason, I keep ending up with pre-cooked shrimp (either freshly steamed from the market because hubby wasn't paying attention or frozen work), that is when this is my go-to recipe. I warm the rub spices and cook the garlic in butter and then warm the shrimp in the mixture. Very easy and quick.
This was just what I was looking for. The shrimp was spicy and the avocado sauce cooled it down just right. MMMM! Thanks for a great recipe Misfit!