1/2 Photos of Shrimp Tacos
We love these and make them a lot during the summer. Sneak in some sliced jalapeno peppers for your heat seekers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 taco shells
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a large skillet, cook shrimp in hot oil over medium heat, stirring frequently about 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- 2Add in the chile powder and cumin.
- 3Stir and toss for about 10 seconds or until shrimp are well coated.
- 4Take pan off of burner and cover to keep shrimp warm.
- 5Heat the taco shells according to the package directions.
- 6For each taco: place 8-12 shrimp in a shell.
- 7Top with about 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 1-2 tablespoons tomatoes, 1-2 teaspoons onion, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of cilantro.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.8 g