We love these and make them a lot during the summer. Sneak in some sliced jalapeno peppers for your heat seekers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 taco shells
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook shrimp in hot oil over medium heat, stirring frequently about 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Add in the chile powder and cumin.
- Stir and toss for about 10 seconds or until shrimp are well coated.
- Take pan off of burner and cover to keep shrimp warm.
- Heat the taco shells according to the package directions.
- For each taco: place 8-12 shrimp in a shell.
- Top with about 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 1-2 tablespoons tomatoes, 1-2 teaspoons onion, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of cilantro.
- Serve immediately.