Recipe by English_Rose
Crispy and hot: taco shells with a spicy filling of shrimp, cilantro, tomatoes, onion, garlic, green pepper and paprika.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 taco shells
- 1 lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 mins until softened but not colored.
- Add the garlic and green pepper and cook stirring occasionally for 3 mins or until the pepper is soft.
- Stir in the paprika, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring for 1 minute Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-5 mins until soft.
- Lower the heat and stir in the shrimp and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat the taco shells in a preheated oven at 350F for 3 mins or according to pack instructions.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the taco shells, top with shredded lettuce.
- Serve at once.