Recipe by Karen D. Musser
I adapted this recipe from the TV show, Just Cook This, on Discovery health. It's delicious and would be good with blackened fish instead of shrimp
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb frozen shrimp, tail on, raw
- 72 inches flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 mojo criollo, sauce
- 1⁄8 cup cilantro, finely cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Defrost shrimp, remove tail and cut each shrimp into bite sized chunks. Toss with mojo criollo sauce and marinate a few minutes. Toss into a non stick frying pan with a touch of oil and sauté until shrimp turn pink and are cooked.
- Cut open chili and remove seeds. Finely chop. Place in a small bowl with mayonnaise and sour cream and mix well.
- Spread a tablespoon of sour cream mixture onto each tortilla. Top with about a tablespoon of cheese. Place in oven just to melt cheese, about three minutes.
- Remove and put shredded cabbage, shrimp and a sprinkle of cilantro and fold.