Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Copycat from an Aspen restaurant--It came close to the scrumptious memory; family and guests loved it.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 -2 avocado, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 8 corn tortillas
- Marinate shrimp with garlic and juice of 1 lime for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, chipotles, cumin and juice of 1/2 lime and set aside.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
- On warmed tortilla, layer shrimp, cabbage, mayonnaise mixture, tomato, avocado, and jalapeno.
- Top with salsa if desired.
- Roll or fold and dig in It's very messy but worth it.
Delicious! Loved the Mayo sauce was awesome!
These were very good, but I would be sure to remove the seeds from the peppers, or the heat is a bit much. I substituted plain yogurt for the mayo to cut calories--no one knew the difference!
This was pretty good. Easy to put together and relatively quick. Thanks for posting.