Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very tasty, but I can't decide what to serve with it. If you figure it out, please let me know! :)
- 1 lb cooked baby shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Marinate shrimp in lime juice, olive oil, and garlic powder for 30 minutes; drain.
- Mix salsa ingredients together.
- Wrap 1/4 cup marinated shrimp in each tortilla.
- Top with salsa.
I made this and it was delicious. With the marinade for the shrimp I added a lot more garlic along with some salt and parsley. To the salsa I doubled the cucumber and lessened the cilantro. Our 'bunch' was quite large so it would have been overwhelming.
Drained off the liquid on the shrimp and sauteed it in a little olive oil and chopped fresh garlic. Since my hubby dislikes raw onion we cooked the salsa in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil until the onions were a little translucent.
Shrimp along with some salsa went into each tortilla (made sure to scrape up some of that cooked garlic from the shrimp pan) and we sprinkled Colby Jack over this. Absolutely delicious.
Thank you so much for posting this!! Will make this again and again!!
I haven't tried it yet. It's on my list for this week. I'm going to cook some Spanish Rice with it.