Recipe by ciao
This is a recipe I got from a magazine. It is, without a doubt, the best salad I've ever had! Maybe some of you will think so, too! It looks like alot of ingredients, but it's so quick and easy to throw together! My husband requests this ALL THE TIME! The dressing is really a nice mix, too.
Top Review by ellie_
This was a really interesting, easy to make salad and just perfect for a hot summer day with enough left over for lunch. I used reduced sodium taco seasoning mix and beans to try to lower the sodium in the salad and used green bell peppers instead of red. Although next time I may add more vegetables (maybe zucchini or other summer squash) this was a great out-of-the-ordinary type of salad.
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (8 ounce) packageready to eat salad greens
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove shrimp tails.
- Place shrimp in bowl, sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup
- oil, onion, vinegar, (I usually use the cider) red pepper, garlic, coriander and sugar: set aside.
- This will be your salad dressing.
- In a skillet, fry tortlla strips in remaining oil, drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning.
- In same skillet, saute shrimp for a few minutes or until pink. (don't overcook)
- In a large bowl, mix greens, tomato, beans, shrimp, and tortilla strips.
- Drizzle dressing all over the mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss.