Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a really upscaled version of crabmeat/lobster pie. This takes a little time and effort but is it good! Best if chilled for 8 hrs.
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2⁄3 cup minced red peppers or 2⁄3 cup green peppers or 2⁄3 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Clean and chop shrimp.
- Cook shrimp, green pepper, red pepper, onion, and garlic in the 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet (over med-high heat), stirring constantly, until shrimp are done and veggies are tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise at high speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gradually add milk, beating well at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, Swiss cheese, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 80 minutes or until set.
- Turn oven off (don’t open the door) and let cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill through (at least 4 hours is needed- 8 hours is best if you have the time).
- Top with some whole shrimp.
- Serve w/ warm tomato sauce or cold cocktail sauce on the side.