1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is a really upscaled version of crabmeat/lobster pie. This takes a little time and effort but is it good! Best if chilled for 8 hrs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2/3 cup minced red peppers or 2/3 cup green peppers or 2/3 cup yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 2Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- 3Clean and chop shrimp.
- 4Cook shrimp, green pepper, red pepper, onion, and garlic in the 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet (over med-high heat), stirring constantly, until shrimp are done and veggies are tender.
- 5Drain well and set aside.
- 6Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise at high speed until creamy.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 8Gradually add milk, beating well at low speed just until blended.
- 9Stir in shrimp mixture, Swiss cheese, and pepper.
- 10Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 11Bake at 300°F for 80 minutes or until set.
- 12Turn oven off (don’t open the door) and let cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- 13Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 14Cover and chill through (at least 4 hours is needed- 8 hours is best if you have the time).
- 15Top with some whole shrimp.
- 16Serve w/ warm tomato sauce or cold cocktail sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-Swiss Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 434.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 24.0 g