Recipe by Oolala
I like the ingredients. Copied this out of a cookbook that I had taken out of the library but I didn't write down which one. It was pre-Zaar! Serve with warm rice.
Top Review by Tebo
This was excellent and made quite a bit. Good way to stretch the shrimp. I used Tequilla as I had no vermouth and kicked up the pepper sauce a lot. Served over rice it made a terrific outdoor lunch for three hungry guys. Thanks Oolala
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, coarsly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp and saute until pink.
- Remove shrimp and add green pepper, onion, garlic, and chili powder; saute 5 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes and stir in mushrooms. vermouth, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, cilantro and lime juice and serve over rice.