1/2 Photos of Shrimp Summer Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
Fresh tasting summer rolls with a peanut dipping sauce. Can also be served with soy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dried thin chinese rice noodles (maifun)
- 12 sheets rice paper
- 24 medium cooked shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce or 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips seeded English cucumber
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips peeled carrots or 1 cup jicama
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Place rice sticks in large bowl; add enough hot water to cover.
- 2Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
- 4Cut into 6-inch lengths; set aside.
- 5Fill bowl with warm water.
- 6Add 1 rice-paper sheet and turn until beginning to soften, about 30 seconds (sheet will still be stiff in a few spots).
- 7Remove from water; drain on kitchen towel.
- 8Lay four shrimp halves, and a pinch of other ingredients onto bottom third of sheet.
- 9Leave about a half an inch free on the sides.
- 10Fold bottom of rice sheet over filling, then fold in ends and roll into tight roll.
- 11Place roll, seam side down, on plate.
- 12Repeat with remaining rice-paper sheets.
- 13Cover with damp paper towel and plastic wrap; chill.
- 14Cut each roll diagonally into thirds.
- 15Sauce: Heat peanut butter and hoisin in microwave or over medium heat, stir together, add a few tablespoons of water to get the desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Summer Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 153.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: