Recipe by KathyP53
I found this great, casual appetizer in Southern LIving and streamlined it by using frozen, cooked, peeled shrimp, which is a GREAT product! I served it in a large glass bowl set inside an even larger glass bowl filled with ice, and everybody just helped themselves
- 5 lbs peeled shrimp, thawed (frozen, cooked, medium-size)
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 3 medium sweet onions, thinly cliced
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cansquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze lemon halves over thawed shrimp and toss.
- Layer shrimp, onions, and artichoke hearts in two 13 X 9" baking dishes.
- Stir together olive oil and next 5 ingredients; pour evenly over shrimp. COver and chill at least 12 hours or up tp 48 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve cold with a clotted spoon.