Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This could be a meal in itself or a side dish. Prep time is for pre-baking the potato and sauteeing the shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes, then dry them and gently prick with a fork on the sides.
- Coat each potato with vegetable oil, place on foil-covered pan, and bake for approximately 1- 1 1/2 hours until cooked through.
- Place the butter in a large bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice each potato in half.
- Gently scoop out the potato and place in the bowl.
- Using a mixer on high, mix the potatoes, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Fold the shrimp and both cheeses into the mixture.
- Gently stuff the mixture back into the potato shells, making sure not to break them.
- Pile the mixture as high as you can on top of the potato shells.
- Sprinkle each potato with cheese and paprika for color.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes until browned on top.
Such an easy and versatile recipe. My husband and I loved them. I added some bacon to the mixture before stuffing the potatoes, cause you just have to have bacon with a baked potato! I loved this and will be passing it along!