1/3 Photos of Shrimp Stuffed Trout.
I like making this dish when we go camping, if we are lucky enough to catch some trout. A couple of time I've used canned baby shrimp and a jar of chopped roasted red peppers. It works pretty well, but then again, everything tastes better when you are camping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the trout
- 6 whole trout (6 to 10 oz)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Start with shrimp stuffing; sauté onions and mushrooms in butter in skillet until lightly browned.
- 2Add salt, white pepper, red peppers, green onions, shrimp and sherry.
- 3Simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 4Meanwhile, dredge each trout in flour, dip in eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs to coat lightly.
- 5Carefully fill each trout cavity with Shrimp Stuffing.
- 6Secure seams with wood toothpicks.
- 7Melt butter in a large skillet.
- 8Sauté trout in butter, few at a time, until lightly brown on both sides and until stuffing is hot.
- 9Remove trout as done and keep warm.
- 10Add lemon juice and zest to butter remaining in pan and heat few seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Pour over trout.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stuffed Trout.
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: