1/1 Photo of Shrimp Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
1 hr 15 mins
Delicious, and often requested, Stuffed Mushroom recipe. I usually serve as a side dish with grilled sirloin steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided into two half cups
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Remove stems from mushroom caps and dice stems, set aside.
- 3Carefully scrape away the dark gills from the bottoms of the mushroom caps and discard.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add shrimp, onion, chopped stems and bell pepper to skillet, sauteing until shrimp is pink and other ingredients are softened, being careful not to overcook the shrimp (shrimp will get rubbery if overcooked).
- 6Remove mixture from heat and place in a large mixing bowl (do not drain liquid).
- 7Add cream cheese to mixture and stir well.
- 8Then add all other ingredients, except mushroom caps and one half cup shredded cheddar cheese, and mix well.
- 9Spray an 8x11 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 10Carefully stuff the mushroom caps with stuffing mixture and place into baking dish.
- 11Evenly spread remaining half cup of cheddar cheese over stuffed caps.
- 12Place dish into preheated oven, and bake for apx. 45 minutes to one hour.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.1
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.4 mg
- Sodium 1404.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning