Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces fresh large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 ounces small shrimp, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, trim and discard the tough ends, and chop the stems finely.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and saute the mushroom stems and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute 1 minute.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cook under a preheated broiler until the tops are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
I really enjoyed this dish. The flavor was mellow and the celery added a bit of crunch. I used fresh cooked shrimp and garnished with chopped parsley. Nice flavors, and nice visual appeal. Thanks for sharing your recipe.