Recipe by Candace Michelle
Found this in my mom's cookbook. I don't recall her ever making them, but I will!
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 lb peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon 4 minutes on each side. It should be cooked, but not crispy. Remove bacon and drain.
- Cut 4 of the bacon slices in 3 equal pieces for garnish. set aside. Chop the remaining 2 slices and set aside. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps aside, but chopp stems. Set aside.
- Chop shrimp. Set aside.
- Combine chopped bacon, stems, shrimp, and cheese with garlic and cayenne. Fill mushrooms with mixture. Top with bacon piece.
- Reheat skillet on medium high heat. Place mushrooms in hot skillet. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 15 minutes.