Recipe by MamaJ
This is one of my favorite appetizers. It is also a nice light lunch served with a salad. I can't remember where I got the original recipe but it is always a hit at parties and is one of the first things to go.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Outstanding flavors going on here. Loved the combination. I made these for the guys to have to munch on while grilling burgers for some friends. They absolutely loved them. I ran out of mushrooms so put the remaining filling in the freezer and plan to make this again next weekend. Thanks so much. Can't wait to serve these along side a juicy steak.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, chopped (don't use salad shrimp or canned)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 -16 ounces button mushrooms, caps only
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, garlic and basil in olive oil over med/high heat until onion softens.
- Transfer to a bowl and add shrimp, breadcrumbs, cheese and mayo.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake in oiled pan for 35 minutes.