- 8 ounces large stuffing mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 3 ounces small shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheese, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, trim and discard the tough ends, and chop the stems finely.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the mushroom stems and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the.
- remaining ingredients and sauté 1 minute.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place cheese on top.
- Cook under a preheated broiler until the tops are golden brown, about 8 minutes.