Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like shrimp and pasta this appetizer is what you need. Its "SCRUMPCIOUS"
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deviened and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 16 ounces button mushrooms (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 lb jumbo pasta shells
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in a 12" skillet.
- Sautee shrimp, mushrooms, and garlic just until the shrimp begins to turn pink (set aside).
- In a saucepan heat sour cream (but do not boil).
- Add to the sour cream the salt, pepper, paprika, and soy sauce and heat for just a minute or two (stirring constantly).
- Remove from heat a add the shrimp mixture.
- Cook pasta shells in boiling water until tender, drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Fill shells with shrimp mixture, top with parmesan cheese.
- Broil until tops are golden brown and bubbling.
I have used this site for a long time. This recipe finally made me sign up so I could give a review. This has got to be one of the best recipes I have run across I did it exactly as written it is GREAT!!!