Top Review by loof
Delightful stuffed pepper recipe! Different from my usual meat-and-sauce stuffed peppers but we really enjoyed them. I used the tiny salad shrimp and didn't chop them up. I resisted the urge to add a little cheese and was glad I did because it was not needed. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
- 4 green bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a shalllow baking dish, about 9 x 9 inches.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and reserve. Wash peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and add the bell peppers. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Combine rice thru salt (only add salt if the rice was cooked without using salt).
- Gently stuff the mixture into the peppers, then stand them in the baking dish. Put the tops back on the peppers.
- Bake for 40 minutes until tender.