Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bell peppers stuffed with a tasty mixture of rice, shrimp, salsa and sour cream, then baked. For the salsa used in this recipe see Salsa Cruda / Pico De Gallo which is the original one called for. From Salsa Cooking
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a shalllow baking dish, about 9 x 9 inches.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and reserve. Wash peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and add the bell peppers. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Combine rice thru salt (only add salt if the rice was cooked without using salt).
- Gently stuff the mixture into the peppers, then stand them in the baking dish. Put the tops back on the peppers.
- Bake for 40 minutes until tender.
Delightful stuffed pepper recipe! Different from my usual meat-and-sauce stuffed peppers but we really enjoyed them. I used the tiny salad shrimp and didn't chop them up. I resisted the urge to add a little cheese and was glad I did because it was not needed. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
I loved the flavor in this but it could have used a bit more shrimp. As tasty as it was the shrimp got a little lost in the salsa and sour cream but then I used my favorite commercial salsa which might have been stronger. It was very easy to make too and that is always a plus. No green peppers in the house but the red looked gorgeous and also tasted good with the mix. All in all a very lovely recipe.