Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
From "Wine Lover's Healthy Weight-Loss Plan" Recommended Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir or Grenache
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 large grape leaves (fresh or brined)
- Marinade: combine wine, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and chili sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Put shrimp into separate bowl. Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- If using fresh grape leaves, soak in cold water for 15 minutes Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Alternatively, if using brined grape leaves, drain liquid, then rinse and pat dry.
- Place 2 shrimp on each grape leaf near the stem end, drizzle with marinade, then fold in sides and roll up. Secre with toothpicks or string.
- Grill for 3-5 mins on each side.