1 hr 15 mins
L. Duch's Note:
This is my own creation. Inspired by Emerils, "Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops". This is really a yummy and good way to cook a tougher piece of meat, as it's not tough at all once it's cooked. It also makes a very nice presentation when plated up. The times are an estimate. Just depend on how quick you are in the kitchen. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml yellow onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 453.59 g shrimp, raw, shelled and chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, green parts only, chopped (scallions)
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml dried plain breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml parmigiano, freshly grated
- 453.59-907.18 g flank steak, butterflied lengthwise
- 19.71-24.64 ml creole seasoning
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml yellow onion, chopped
- 226.79 g shrimp, raw, shelled and minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 29.58 ml shallots, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, chopped
- 118.29 ml plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 236.59 ml beef stock
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 1Heat olive oil over medium heat, in a medium sized sauté pan and add onions, bell peppers, salt and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Add green onions, garlic and parsley and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 2Pour mixture into a bowl and let cool for a few minutes. Add egg, bread crumbs, cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- 3With a very sharp knife, butterfly flank steak, lengthwise. Lay flat. Placing hand on top of meat to secure. Slice meat in half, but not all the way through. Making two steaks which are still connected (hope I explained that right). Then you can open the meat and it will become one large, thin steak.or "butterflied".
- 4Season both sides of meat with Creole Seasoning. Take stuffing and put down the seam of the steak and wrap edges around stuffing, over lapping about 1/2 inch. Secure with butchers twine in several areas.
- 5Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Sear stuffed steak on all sides, until well browned.
- 6Place in roasting pan and finish roasting for 35-40 minutes at 400°F.
- 7Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minute before serving with Bordelaise Sauce.
- 8Bordelaise Sauce:.
- 9Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the stock, parsley and green onions and simmer until slightly thick, about another 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir to combine, about 20 seconds.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stuffed Flank Steak With Bordelaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.6
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 345.5 mg
- Sodium 2244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: