Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own creation. Inspired by Emerils, "Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops". This is really a yummy and good way to cook a tougher piece of meat, as it's not tough at all once it's cooked. It also makes a very nice presentation when plated up. The times are an estimate. Just depend on how quick you are in the kitchen. lol
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, shelled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, green parts only, chopped (scallions)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano, freshly grated
- 1 -2 lb flank steak, butterflied lengthwise
- 4 -5 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, raw, shelled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, in a medium sized sauté pan and add onions, bell peppers, salt and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Add green onions, garlic and parsley and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and let cool for a few minutes. Add egg, bread crumbs, cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- With a very sharp knife, butterfly flank steak, lengthwise. Lay flat. Placing hand on top of meat to secure. Slice meat in half, but not all the way through. Making two steaks which are still connected (hope I explained that right). Then you can open the meat and it will become one large, thin steak.or "butterflied".
- Season both sides of meat with Creole Seasoning. Take stuffing and put down the seam of the steak and wrap edges around stuffing, over lapping about 1/2 inch. Secure with butchers twine in several areas.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Sear stuffed steak on all sides, until well browned.
- Place in roasting pan and finish roasting for 35-40 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minute before serving with Bordelaise Sauce.
- Bordelaise Sauce:.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the stock, parsley and green onions and simmer until slightly thick, about another 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir to combine, about 20 seconds.