Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use the unused yolks crumbled for topping on a salad, or you can mix with mayo, celery seed, salt, and chives, etc., for a sandwich spread, like a tea sandwich. The time I posted is for using already cooked shrimp and already boiled eggs.
- 1⁄2 lb baby shrimp, boiled, peeled, chopped fine (I buy them already cooked at Whole Foods)
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash celery seed
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon snipped chives
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- In a medium bowl, mix shrimp, mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and chives.
- Halve eggs lengthwise; scoop out yolks (save for another use).
- Fill whites with shrimp mixture.
- Refrigerate before serving.
These were devoured as soon as they hit the potluck table! I chopped the shrimp, but put one small whole one on top for aesthetics. They looked really nice, especially in a variety-spread which included Deviled Eggs and Avocado Angel Eggs. Thanks for the recipe!
Another member prepared this dish and she left the shrimp whole - they looked lovely and tasted as good as they looked. Easy yet impressive didh to prepare & serve
Very very good! Served them at a luncheon , everyone loved them because they were different and of course who dosen't like shrimp! I followed Rita's lead and used the yolks in another stuffed egg recipe, as she said it was nice to have two different kinds. These dissapeared very quickly. I sprinkled celery seed and paprika over them as a garnish. Thanks for sharing one we will use again.