1/4 Photos of Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Red Apple Guy's Note:
My Dad mailed me this sometime in the 80’s along with a story about the grumpiest man in the club restaurant he managed falling in love with this dish. I have modified his recipe some.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each eggplant it half, cutting through the stem and down its length.
- 2Cut perpendicular (criss-cross) slices in the flesh of the eggplant to within ¼ inch of the shell.
- 3Use a spoon to scoop out cubes of eggplant pulp.
- 4Place shells in an oven preheated to 350 while preparing the filling or in a shallow pan of boiling water. You want the shells a little tender but not fully cooked when you stuff them.
- 5Saute onion and garlic in a little oil in a skillet until transparent but not brown.
- 6Add the eggplant pulp and cook until done.
- 7Add shrimp and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- 8Add basil and enough breadcrumbs until mix is firm but not dry. Salt and pepper to taste. Cheese can be added if desired at this step and grated on top after cooking as well.
- 9Stuff shells and put in oven proof dish. Heat in 350 oven until piping hot or freeze.
- 10Serve with a salad and good French or Italian bread. Fantastic.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: