Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on another site and have not had a chance to try it out yet.
- 2 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb canned peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives or 2 teaspoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- Scoop out the eggplant meat leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
- Set shells aside and chop the eggplant flesh.
- Heat the oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and eggplant flesh.
- Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until eggplant is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chives and olives.
- Increase heat to medium high and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in shrimp, breadcrumbs and half of the cheese (1 cup).
- Spoon the filling into the eggplant shells and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.