1/2 Photos of Shrimp-Stuffed Chicken With Cream Sauce
I found a great deal on chicken breasts and was looking for something different to do with some of them since we have been eating so much chicken lately. I came up with this and it's not too bad, if I do say so myself. I served it with wild rice and peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone-in, skin-on)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced small
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Soften the cream cheese slightly. Mix green onions, shrimp, worcestershire and tabasco into the cream cheese. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- 2Gently loosen skin at one end of each breast piece, making sure to keep as much skin intact on the long sides as possible. Push one portion of shrimp mixture under skin of each breast piece. Carefully smooth the mixture down the length of the chicken as evenly as you can.
- 3Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken tests done. I put mine on a rimmed cookie sheet, you could also use a 9X13 baking dish.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute the minced shallot until it just begins to brown.
- 5Add the wine to the shallots and simmer 5-10 minutes, until the wine has reduced to half.
- 6Add the tomato to the wine and heat through, then pour in the cream. Bring the wine mixture to a boil, then simmer until sauce reduces and thickens, another 5-10 minutes. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- 7Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-Stuffed Chicken With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 184.3 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g