Recipe by yooper
Just found this one, and it will be on my buffet table for my Oscar Party! These can be made ahead, frozen and reheated again directly from the freezer. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 4 ounces packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (4 1/2 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed,drained,and chopped
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through kneading step.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, stir together cheeses, carrot, parsley, chives, dill and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Fold in shrimp.
- Divide the dough into 16 portions; shape each into ball and roll into a 4 1/2-inch circle.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling on each circle.
- Bring up sides of dough around filling; pinch edges of dough to seal.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place buns, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheets.
- cover, let buns rise in a warm place for 15 minutes or until puffed.
- Brush the tops lightly with water, sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm from the oven or cool on racks.
- To make ahead: arrange baked buns on baking sheets.
- Freeze, uncovered, for 1 hour or until firm.
- Transfer buns to freezer bags.
- Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve, remove buns from freezer bags; wrap in foil.
- Place frozen buns in a 350 oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.