Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Something that I had come up with from mixing a few recipes together. Ever since I had created this it has been a must have almost every few weeks from the family.
- 4 green bell peppers, tops off, seedless
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, Uncooked, Peeled, Deviened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, Chopped Onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth (approx)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preboil cleaned Bell Peppers for 5 minutes. Remove from boil and let drain upside-down.
- Cook Bacon and save Grease.
- Put Grease into a large skillet with Garlic and Onion and begin to simmer. Cook until desired softness of Onions.
- Put Shrimp into skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, or until all pink.
- Remove Shrimp and Onions for heat and place into a bowl and keep warm.
- In same skillet bring 1 Cup of Chicken Broth to a boil and add the Arborio Rice. Reduce Heat to low. Continue to stir until desired softness of Arborio is reached adding additional broth as needed.
- Mix back in Shrimp and Onion mix into Arborio while also adding the Tomato Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Put mixture into boiled Bell Peppers until heaping.
- Sprinkle Bread Crumbs atop Bell Peppers.
- Bake at 350F on baking sheet for 15 minutes or until crumbs become golden.