Recipe by Catygurl
My Mom got this recipe from a friend of hers, I have made it quite a few times and they are great! The best ones I have ever tried.
- 6 large firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh broccoli, chooped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked and shelled, deveined and cut into peices
- 1 cup cooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a small slice across the stem end of each tomato; core and seed tomatoes. Sprinkle salt inside tomatoes and place them upside down on several layers of paper towels. Let stand about 30 minutes to remove excess moisture. Press dry papers into tomatoes to remove any remaining moisture.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Meanwhile in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli, onion and garlic in 1 tbsp of the olive oil untill onion is tender; stir often. Add shrimp, orzo and nuts, 2 tbsp of the cheese and the basil; blend well.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes. Arrange in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining oil and cheese. Bake 20 minute or untill tops are golden.