Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
What an easy and elegant appetizer! I use small pre-cooked and peeled frozen shrimp to make things really speedy.
- 1 (12 ounce) can artichoke bottoms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 40 small cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and arrange artichoke bottoms in a buttered glass pie dish.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Stir in heavy cream and cook over low medium-low heat until sauce thickens. Add sherry and shrimp, then cheese and salt. Cook until cheese melts. Pour this mixture over artichoke bottoms and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.