Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really simple way to make shrimp and pasta. I'm in college and it's fairly quick and easy to make. Created it for my boyfriend who dubbed it "Shrimp Stuff", and also for my roommate who didn't like shrimp because of it's "fishy" smell but he liked this. It's probably not the healthiest small meal to eat but when you're a hungry college student, it gets you through finals! **TIP: This recipe is for pre-cooked shrimp.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 (51 -60 count) packagecocktail shrimp (cooked)
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon whipped butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- Make sure the shrimp has been detailed/deveined/thawed.
- Let Whipped Butter set out while preparing shrimp. It will soften, allowing for easier use.
- Start water for Penne.
- After adding Penne to boiling water (don't forget to stir once in a while!), start cooking/heating shrimp in Whipped Butter in a skillet. Wait for about 1 minute or until all the shrimp is warm before adding the Cajun seasoning to the shrimp then cook for 1 more minute. Shrimp will more than likely be done before Penne so put in a container to keep warm.
- Once Penne is finished, drain. Put into a large bowl and pour in Olive Oil and sprinkle on the pepper. Stir.
- Pour off the cooked butter from the shrimp before you toss the shrimp into the pasta, stir again, and serve!
- NOTE: All seasonings can vary. These amounts are approximated and should be adjusted to your taste buds!