Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe is based on Emeril's basic shrimp stock. Great stock to use for seafood stews. We eat so much shrimp that I always have tons of shrimp shells in my freezer.
Top Review by James R.
Dissapointed. I thought about browning the ingredients but trusted the recipe. The whole lemons make the stock quite bitter and the flavor is weak. Perhaps i need to reduce the stock more but overall dissapointed.
- shrimp shells, from about 2 pounds of large shrimp
- 2 onions, halved
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lemons, halved
- 8 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 quarts cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse shrimp shells in cold water and place in stock pot with all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Strain completely.
- If not using immediately, cool and refrigerate.
- Will keep for 30 days.