Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp or 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In large frying pan at medium-high heat, melt butter. Add celery and cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add onions and pea pods and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer until mushrooms are browned.
- Add water chestnuts, shrimp and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Serve when shrimp is heated.
This couldn't be any easier to make. It was quick, tasty and your kids can help make it. It was a basic stir-fry, to which I added some bean sprouts and made a cornstarch/water thickener for a nice light sauce. I'd make this again, even with cooked chicken or pork.