Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy stir-fry for one.
- 5 ounces shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 cup of sliced purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup of halved mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup canned water chestnut, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- Rinse and drain the shrimp.
- Heat the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and 2 tbsp of chicken brother in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until tender. (Do not overcook as it will burn the garlic!).
- Add the vegetables to the pan and continue to cook, adding more broth as necessary and turning the vegetables so that they are evenly cooked throughout.
- When the vegetables are halfway cooked, add the shrimp and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp are opaque in color.
- Serve over rice.
This made a quick and easy lunch. I also used most of the same ingredients and added them to chicken broth with Japanese noodles to make my husband a soup. Made for PAC Fall 2011.