Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy version of an Asian classic.
- 32 ounces peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 cups red onions, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 3 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups yellow bell peppers, cubed
- 2 cups canned water chestnuts, drained
- Heat soy sauce, rice vinegar and 2 tbsps of chicken broth in wok on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and ginger.
- Add all vegetables and sauté until vegetables are almost tender adding remaining chicken broth.
- Add shrimp and cook together until shrimp and vegetables are fully cooked.
This was quick, easy, and pretty good. Only used a cup and 1/2 of the broth, but otherwise followed recipe.
This was really pretty good. I wanted to try it because it had no oil, and really liked the method. I used different veg of course, based on what I had. I added ginger as per the instructions, but it's not listed in the ingredients. The flavour is good for such simple ingredients...an easy thing to throw together for dinner if you've got shrimp in your freezer. I wonder about that amount of stock though, 2 cups was quite a bit - I decided to use it all anyway just to see, and I was left with a lot of liquid. Thickened it up with cornstarch and it worked fine. Thanks Chef!