Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
When I need to fix a quick meal, I frequently turn to this well-loved dish that takes only a few minutes to cook. I've also used chicken instead of shrimp with delicious results.
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, juliened
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, stir-fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
- Yield: 3-4 servings.