Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I need to fix a quick meal, I frequently turn to this well-loved dish that takes only a few minutes to cook. I've also used chicken instead of shrimp with delicious results.
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, juliened
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, stir-fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
- Yield: 3-4 servings.
5 star all the way - I used fresh chopped ginger (we love ginger) only used a light spray of "No Oil" Great easy recipe Thanks for a lovely Sunday dinner
This was so easy and made quite a bit. We used two green bell peppers, a bag of frozen broccoli and a can of baby corn. The only change i'll make next time is to use Sunny Delight instead of regular orange juice. I think that'll give it the sweetness I was looking for. The whole family had this on top of rice. Thanks.
Yum! Quick, easy and healthy. I added an extra capsicum/pepper, found an orange one in the supermarket and thought it would add extra colour to the dish, otherwise kept to the recipe. The sauce thicken up perfectly and the flavour was really nice. Thank you Whatcha Cookin', Mom?