Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I addapted this out of a children's cookbook. Everyone loved it so much that I have to make it once a week now, lol. You can just serve it with boil in the bag rice which is what the original recipe suggests.
- 500 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined (i used allready cooked shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (capsicum)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 16 snow peas, ends trimmed and rinsed (mangetouts)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 (200 g) straight to wok rice (unsure about size but i used 2 packets, can just have this on boiled or steamed rice)
- combine shrimp, 2tbsp of the soy sauce and the garlic - stir with a wooden spoon until evenly coated and set aside for ten minutes.
- add vegetable oil to wok / large frypan and set over a medium-high heat.
- when oil is hot add red pepper and onion.
- cook stirring constantly until the pepper is slightly softened , about 3 minutes.
- at this point i added my straight to wok rice an heated through, if you are not doing this skip to the next step.
- add the snow peas and shrimp mixture.
- continue stirring and turning until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through ( i used allreay cooked shrimp) and the snow peas are tender but still crisp about 3 minutes more.
- remove from heat and add remaining tbsp of soy sauce, water and the pepper.
- serve imediately (on a bed of rice if you have not used straight to wok rice).
Pleasantly surprised! I wasn't planning on making this till the last minute and didn't have peppers or snow peas on hand...all I had was shrimp. So, Instead I added pre cooked (microwaved frozen) cauliflower, green beans and broccoli and my kids even ate it! It had a great taste. I will be making this again.....sooner rather than later!
Wow this was really good. We all enjoyed this. My husband who normally doesn't eat stir fry had three helpings. I used two pounds of shrimp, a cup of red peppers, about a half of cup of onions and a pound of snow peas. I used olive oil instead of vegetable and then added the 3 tablespoons of lite soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of water. I didn't put it over rice as hubby doesn't care for rice. I will make this again and will try it with chicken also. Loved it!