Recipe by DrGaellon
Based on a recipe distributed by Wegman's Supermarket.
Top Review by mickie49
This really great stuff and quite simple too. I used the Wegman's brand of stir-fry sauce, oyster sauce and the Oriental slaw mix(napa cabbage, celery, carrots). I used cooked shrimp, just added them at the last moment--cooking only long enough to warm them through. Just before service I drizzled about 2 tablespoons of sesame oil over the entire mixture! Really good supper, and it makes lots!
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut in thin match-like strips
- 3⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1⁄2 small white onion, cut in thin match-like strips
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 lb shrimp, 41-50 count, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch broccoli, red pepper, snow peas, onion, and mushrooms 2-3 min in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Drizzle oil around sides of pan; tilt pan to distribute evenly. Heat oil in pan on HIGH until oil faintly smokes. (If oil smokes too much, pan is too hot.).
- Add garlic and shrimp; stir fry 2 min or until internal temp of shrimp is 120 degrees. (Check by inserting thermometer into thickest part of shrimp.).
- Add cabbage, stir-fry sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper; stir fry 2-3 minute.
- Add vegetables; stir fry 30 seconds, until heated through. Let rest at least 2 minutes.
- Serve with white rice or lo mein noodles, if desired.